Ideally your URL (domain name) should be max of two-word targeted keywords, but having with an extension much longer will not be friendly to remember for your reader. So before you go for a domain name you should research more for your targeted keywords, I suggest using Adwords Keyword tools to see what combination of terms will be powerful on search results.
Here are the few steps to set up your custom domain on Blogger.
- Log on to your Blogger account.
- Select your blog and go to Settings–>Publishing .
- Hit the link “Switch to: • Custom Domain (Point your own registered domain name to your blog)”.
- Since you already have your custom domain registered hit the link “Already own a domain? Switch to advanced settings”.
- Now enter your domain at the blank field (www.yoursite.com).
- “Use a missing file host?” Leave it to default tick “No”.
- Enter the correct verification code and save settings.
After you have successfully saved your settings try to view your blog to test if your new domain is active. Typing your old Blogger URL should redirect to your new domain. This is a good thing about Blogger that it would automatically redirect your old URL (with .blogspot.com) to your new domain so your reader won’t be lost along with the traffic. After that be sure that you update your link from your exchange partners so your blog’s Page Ranking will be stable.