I know some of you might think that having the recent post widget on your blogger blog is that technically complicated. And this could be frightening for those people who just started blogging or somehow has a limited knowledge technically. In this post I will tell you how to install the recent post widget for your Blogger blog in just few simple steps.
Here are the steps to install the recent posts widget:
- Log on to your Blogger account.
- Go to Layout tab, at the Page Elements section decide where to place the widget then click “Add a Gadget“.
- When the pop-up screen showed up, scroll down and find the gadget “Feed” then click the blue plus button (+) on the upper right side of the gadget.
- At the blank which you will enter your feed URL, enter this “http://yourblog.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default”. Note that you should replace “yourblog.blogspot.com” with your blog URL.
- After you have enter the URL, press continue. The gadget should start retrieving your feed.
- You can further customize the widget by entering your desired “Title“, or by ticking “Item dates” (this will show date of each posts), “Item sources/author” (the posts author), “Open Links in new window” (this will open the post in new window when clicked).
- Click Save.
After that try to view your blog and the recent post widget should be showing, like what you will see on my sidebar. The drawback is just it will be showing just five recently posted articles. If you want a more advance recent posts widget, you can try the recent post widget with thumbnails that we have originally designed. The widget is noticeably much faster than the gadget provided on blogger. You will some of the implementation of the recent posts widget with thumbnails in TechGeeze.com and AutoGeeze.com. Please let me know if you have any questions during your installation, just drop it on the comment form below.